PDA

View Full Version : CDC booking

noz
27-07-2005, 06:27 AM
I have just opened an acct with CDC for class 3 driving.

But the schedule is horrible... the mth of August is already fully booked.

Anyone taking lessons there kindda share normally how you booked for lessons?
And how long u take to finish the stipulated amt of lesson?
What is the min need to attend before going tp
and the waiting time for tp...

thxxx a mil

Slick25
27-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Well SSDC I booked this july but first lesson in Sept, I block booked abt 20 lessons[might book more], took a loan for it[wanna complete asap]. Normally I hear people say it depends on your proficiency level and can take anywhere between 25-40 lessons. The waiting period for TP assuming you are with a school[not taught by private] lies at about 1-2 months.

TopCat_52
27-07-2005, 05:23 PM
u should have done ur homework b4 taking driving lessons. i didnt too and went to cdc. realized that cdc is the worst. most crowded and everthing have to wait damn long. i waited 1 month JUST to take BTT. and another 20 days for FTT. if not for the 1 month wait to get PDL i could have completed all my lessons in 1 month. btw, i completed all the 3 modules in 18 lessons and now waiting for TP(another 2 months)
i thought of jumping ship to SSDC or BBDC b4... but when i mentioned my intentions to them they lured me back wif a tempting offer

TopCat_52
27-07-2005, 05:24 PM
thought i could have gotten my lic in 2 months.. haha in the end 3+ month sianz

amdrocks
27-07-2005, 05:33 PM
I have just opened an acct with CDC for class 3 driving.

But the schedule is horrible... the mth of August is already fully booked.

Anyone taking lessons there kindda share normally how you booked for lessons?
And how long u take to finish the stipulated amt of lesson?
What is the min need to attend before going tp
and the waiting time for tp...

thxxx a mil

its like that one.. to ensure u get the dates u want.. u gotta book v much in advance.. i.e. start booking for september dates.. book in blocks.. maybe i can recount my exp den u see wat info wud b useful to u..

i was in a rush to complete my lessons n get my license b4 NS so i took lessons almost everyday.. i faced the same situation as u for the mth of jan.. cos i opened my account at the end of dec.. wat i did was to make full use of the 18 free cancellations..

i booked abt 20 lessons for the mth of feb.. and i logged on daily (sometimes more den once a day) to the online booking system.. whenever someone gave up their slot.. i took it immediately.. at the same time cancelling the latest feb date.. i actually managed to get 16 lessons in jan this way..

i took abt 3 wks to complete my lessons (17 sessions) and the rest (8 lessons) were revision lessons.. from what my fren n i realised.. no real need for so many revision lessons.. my waiting time for TP was short cos i requested for an early date (i'd have to wait till april/may if i were to go thru the normal dates!)... took my TP on 23rd feb..

hope these r useful to u... :)

amdrocks
27-07-2005, 05:38 PM
u should have done ur homework b4 taking driving lessons. i didnt too and went to cdc. realized that cdc is the worst. most crowded and everthing have to wait damn long. i waited 1 month JUST to take BTT. and another 20 days for FTT. if not for the 1 month wait to get PDL i could have completed all my lessons in 1 month. btw, i completed all the 3 modules in 18 lessons and now waiting for TP(another 2 months)
i thought of jumping ship to SSDC or BBDC b4... but when i mentioned my intentions to them they lured me back wif a tempting offer

wat is the tempting offer?

noz
28-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks lots!
I now got the idea!
make use of last minute booking...

Ok now I need ur advice again...
my btt is on 12/8
tml & day after tml there are 2 last minutes booking
now my q is... I am working niteshift and these 2 slots are perfect timing for me... cheap somemore
but no btt can only do module 1...
and how many lessons are there in module 1
did anyone actually fail module1... what they teach?

amdrocks
28-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Thanks lots!
I now got the idea!

my btt is on 12/8
now my q is... I am working niteshift and these 2 slots are perfect timing for me... cheap somemore

i never attended the BTT n FTT lessons... no need to... just learn it on your own... its really easy

Paul Lee
28-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks lots!
I now got the idea!

my btt is on 12/8

Module 1 is just basically circuit. The instructor will focus on making sure you can move the car around in a safe manner. No tricky s-curve or narrow crank course yet. Just the basics like stopping before STOP sign, zebra crossing, traffic light junctions that sort of things. My advise make sure you passed your BTT so you can get your PDL ASAP. If not you will be just wasting money going round and round the circuit. I did that for 1 complete lesson and realised it was a waste of time and money. Even the instructor says so but no choice since I went for 1st lesson before clearing BTT.

So you need to gague for yourself how good a driver you think you will be. If you think you need more than 1 lesson to get yourself familiarise with operating the cars, then go for it. Else save the money. WOrking shift is the best time to learn driving. I really regret not doing so when I was working shift for yrs.

And pls dun be too excitied about the last minute booking thing. During my 2-3 months at while learning at CDC, I have never succeded in making a last minute booking. So I think the strategy of making advance booking and then cancel later makes more sense to me.

noz
28-07-2005, 10:08 AM
But U still need to complete the module 1 proceed to module 2 rite?
I mean afterall it is just all circuit for module 1, den make use of the time before BBT wouldn't it be nice?

jaswat
28-07-2005, 10:25 AM
yes, you are right . make sure you pass your BTT & FTT.
I pass both BTT & FTT is less than 3 weeks.
I never attend any lesson... no e trial test some more, just study on my own.

but waiting time for TP is damp long man.
I book in July but slot for TP was given only in Sep.

noz
28-07-2005, 10:29 AM
yes, you are right . make sure you pass your BTT & FTT.
I pass both BTT & FTT is less than 3 weeks.
I never attend any lesson... no e trial test some more, just study on my own.

but waiting time for TP is damp long man.
I book in July but slot for TP was given only in Sep.

So u also did the module 1 before BTT?

Kinda share...
Thx!

amdrocks
28-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Module 1 is just basically circuit. The instructor will focus on making sure you can move the car around in a safe manner. No tricky s-curve or narrow crank course yet. Just the basics like stopping before STOP sign, zebra crossing, traffic light junctions that sort of things. My advise make sure you passed your BTT so you can get your PDL ASAP. If not you will be just wasting money going round and round the circuit. I did that for 1 complete lesson and realised it was a waste of time and money. Even the instructor says so but no choice since I went for 1st lesson before clearing BTT.

So you need to gague for yourself how good a driver you think you will be. If you think you need more than 1 lesson to get yourself familiarise with operating the cars, then go for it. Else save the money. WOrking shift is the best time to learn driving. I really regret not doing so when I was working shift for yrs.

And pls dun be too excitied about the last minute booking thing. During my 2-3 months at while learning at CDC, I have never succeded in making a last minute booking. So I think the strategy of making advance booking and then cancel later makes more sense to me.

actually i found circuit relatively more interesting and challenging.. reason being that in circuit all are 'L' drivers.. and there is less space... shorter straight roads etc... IMO this is better training to manourvre in smaller/tigther spaces.. CDC's circuit is smaller compared to the other driving centres...

i m the opposite of u.. was able to get many lesson using last min booking

noz
28-07-2005, 11:21 AM
actually i found circuit relatively more interesting and challenging.. reason being that in circuit all are 'L' drivers.. and there is less space... shorter straight roads etc... IMO this is better training to manourvre in smaller/tigther spaces.. CDC's circuit is smaller compared to the other driving centres...

i m the opposite of u.. was able to get many lesson using last min booking

ok soso...
the module 1 is must complete before module 2 and it is all circuit?
How many lessons are there in module 1
So doing circuit before BTT is a good choice?

amdrocks
28-07-2005, 11:34 AM
ok soso...
the module 1 is must complete before module 2 and it is all circuit?
How many lessons are there in module 1
So doing circuit before BTT is a good choice?

cant rem how many lessons i took to complete module 1 le.. i still have the booklet but im not home now so cant check..

i had already passed my BTT when i registered wif CDC..

for me.. i went onto the road only on the 4th lesson.. 3rd lesson instructor ask "u wan try engine brake in circuit or on road?" i ask wadz e diff.. he say "outside straight longer.. u can take ur time to change gear.. circuit straight short n many 'L' drivers.. more challenging.. which u wan?" i took the latter :s13:

noz
28-07-2005, 11:56 AM
cant rem how many lessons i took to complete module 1 le.. i still have the booklet but im not home now so cant check..

i had already passed my BTT when i registered wif CDC..

for me.. i went onto the road only on the 4th lesson.. 3rd lesson instructor ask "u wan try engine brake in circuit or on road?" i ask wadz e diff.. he say "outside straight longer.. u can take ur time to change gear.. circuit straight short n many 'L' drivers.. more challenging.. which u wan?" i took the latter :s13:

Oh thxx!

U are manual hor not auto hor... hehehe

amdrocks
28-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh thxx!

U are manual hor not auto hor... hehehe

ya manual.. :D

but haven drive manual since pass.. all auto.. =:p

noz
28-07-2005, 11:59 AM
ya manual.. :D

but haven drive manual since pass.. all auto.. =:p

manual is for future lah
next time need to drive manual...
heeheh can use...
but 17 lessons is real fast, isn't it?

amdrocks
28-07-2005, 12:03 PM
manual is for future lah
next time need to drive manual...
heeheh can use...
but 17 lessons is real fast, isn't it?

haha.. i guess so :D

amdrocks
28-07-2005, 12:07 PM
v bored now.. at cycle n carriage service centre.. help sent my dad's vehiclie for servicing..

noz
28-07-2005, 12:27 PM
haha.. i guess so :D

Then after that you never go fer revisions?
revision not compulsory?

amdrocks
28-07-2005, 12:33 PM
i did.. abt 8 revisions..

it is not compulsory..

jaswat
28-07-2005, 02:23 PM
my TP test time kenna bus lane........... anyone got kenna bus lane during test and fail ?
is the tester more strict than usual ?

advise please.

Paul Lee
28-07-2005, 04:21 PM
my TP test time kenna bus lane........... anyone got kenna bus lane during test and fail ?
is the tester more strict than usual ?

advise please.

My TP test was at 4.30pm, so also kenna bus lane timing. I remember my tester was very good. Actually told me that I do not have to filter to left lane at the junction before the bus lanes starts. So I continue as per normal, and only filter to the left lane from the dotted yellow lane onwards.

I do not believe that the tester is necessarily more strict during that time. I think most important thing to do is to demostrate to the tester that you can control the vehicle in a safe manner and you understood the basic road regulations so that you do not cause a nuisance or is a danger to other.

On the day of the test, there was this chart that shows the #1 reason for immediate failure. Failed to stop completely at STOP line/sign. Keyword is 'completely'. So do take note. If u taking from Ubi, look out for one of the test routes that filter off into the bus lane. So u actually need to filter to the 2nd lane when waiting at the 'Give Way' junction. Tricky. During my trial test, my instructor actually caught my steering becos another vehicle veered into my lane while I was moving off to the 2nd lane. *cold sweat* but instructor said not my fault but I think if that had happened during test, sure failed one.

Paul Lee
28-07-2005, 04:25 PM
But U still need to complete the module 1 proceed to module 2 rite?
I mean afterall it is just all circuit for module 1, den make use of the time before BBT wouldn't it be nice?

I guess so if you dun mind spending the extra money. That's why I say you need to gauge for yourself how good a driver you think you are. If you are very good, you can clear Module 1 in 1 lesson. But I heard there are some who clocked more than 5 lessons for module 1.

Personally Module 1 was boring. And precisely because the whole circuit is L-plate, it doesn't really build up your confidence in reacting and interacting with other road users. But that just my own experience. May not apply to everyone. :)

noz
28-07-2005, 05:53 PM
I guess so if you dun mind spending the extra money. That's why I say you need to gauge for yourself how good a driver you think you are. If you are very good, you can clear Module 1 in 1 lesson. But I heard there are some who clocked more than 5 lessons for module 1.

Ok I went for first lesson...
only managed to clear subject 1-4...
wheel control for bends still cannot pass...
so 5 lessons for module 1 is alot?
I think I maybe one of them?
hahaha