PDA

View Full Version : Season parking need to display the coupon?

kebinu
26-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Is displaying of the seasonal parking coupon necessary? My car just got a $30 summon from the cissco. What a waste of time, need to call up & kpkb. Somemore need to wait during office hour.

hellscream
26-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Is displaying of the seasonal parking coupon necessary? My car just got a $30 summon from the cissco. What a waste of time, need to call up & kpkb. Somemore need to wait during office hour.

dont understand leh. for hdb coupon, it clearly says you need to display on the front window.

FileZAce81
26-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Of course you must display your season parking coupon. If you don't, then what is the point of buying season parking? Unless you are staying at those private housing then don't have to buy. :D

kebinu
26-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Of course you must display your season parking coupon. If you don't, then what is the point of buying season parking? Unless you are staying at those private housing then don't have to buy. :D

well, i renew my seasonal parking thru AXN, they never give any coupon 1, only 1 receipt. well well well...

Cyberbaby
26-10-2005, 10:23 PM

On the other hand, you are wasting other people's time issueing you a ticket too. :s8:

kebinu
26-10-2005, 10:29 PM
dont understand leh. for hdb coupon, it clearly says you need to display on the front window.
nono, seasonal, $65/mth that 1.

HeadQuarters
26-10-2005, 11:31 PM
U dun display how the carpark attendants know if u got the "license" to park there? This AXN machine quite silly huh... nv issue new parking coupon.. I always play safe go HDB branch renew..

Sometimes these aunties can recognize ur car, so wun bother to look. Guess that's how i escaped summon for forgetting to display it for the 1st 3 days in September. ;)

k4
26-10-2005, 11:39 PM
i have never display for almost a year. those ppl have devices to check if you have bought a season parking coupon. kana a ticket early this month, write in through the web and got it waived.

Cyberbaby
26-10-2005, 11:40 PM
well, i renew my seasonal parking thru AXN, they never give any coupon 1, only 1 receipt. well well well...

Oh .... o.k .... actually they can check thru their system on the spot by keying your license plate number .... but too bad ... :o

Elnin0
26-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Happen to my family b4.
the coupon ink is fading. not enought ink.
Just inform them.. maybe can call 1st. or down at their office.
Proof that you've bought before the summon time. ;)

khee
27-10-2005, 09:54 AM
actually in the new system, u will not get summon if you have bought the season tix... ur car number will be register in the system and no way they can issue u the summon... it is likely the system have not updated since u buy from AXN...

there should not be any problem waving it...

dreamer_toons
27-10-2005, 10:31 AM
I oso did not display my season parking. There was once while I approached my car, I saw the attendent just checked the windscreen for the display and upon finding none, she started to checked her device and walked off. My friend displayed his but the season parking was dated 4 yrs ago..

Another friend kena summon for not displaying. According to him, the summon time was in the middle of the night and the carpark was not meant for overnight parking. He appealed and succeeded. Maybe the attendent was too tired to checked his device and just issued the summon when he cant see the season parking or overnight coupon.

Spunky
27-10-2005, 11:15 AM
aiyah...the warden must have had a bad day lah!

anyway, have u ever wonder if you put your parking coupon anywhere but at the dashboard...eg, side windows or rear window....will the warden fine you? :s13:

FileZAce81
27-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Well display the receipt la, I think the warden will check when they saw the AXS receipt. :D

Paul Lee
27-10-2005, 05:11 PM

Renew thru AXN?? Since when did a cable channel goes into season parking renewel business?? :s13:

U mean AXS rt?? From HDB FAQ (http://www5.hdb.gov.sg/4825664F0044077E/BA1039ABD20A108E48256D03002B2290/228B5D6EE059FF9B482570300022E4CE#Renewal%20of%20Season%20Parking%20Tickets)

Q1 Will I receive my Season Parking Ticket on the spot?

The season parking ticket will be mailed to the motorist within 3 working days from the date of renewal. However, an official receipt acknowledging payment will be dispensed from the kiosk.

weng
29-10-2005, 01:18 AM
ya i think they can tally with the system and will know you've paid for the season. my neighboor's jazz lagi better.. starting is never display season, now never even display road tax coupon... whole windscreen empty one... i think is for "seh" coz the jazz got zeng a bit one. :D

kebinu
29-10-2005, 02:30 AM
ya i think they can tally with the system and will know you've paid for the season. my neighboor's jazz lagi better.. starting is never display season, now never even display road tax coupon... whole windscreen empty one... i think is for "seh" coz the jazz got zeng a bit one. :D

i'm tihnking of removing the road tax also. haha

Stupid Idiot
29-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Please note that it is a MUST to display a valid road tax for your vehicle. Failure to do so carries a $30 fine~ :crazy:

DMM252
29-10-2005, 09:06 AM
road tax must display, but haven't been displaying season parking for about a year liao, cuz pay by giro mah. hassle leh, put new disc every month.

keith
29-10-2005, 07:40 PM
i hv not pasted my season or rd tax since car collection....1 yr liao....and countin
front is empty one ....

rear : lots of stickers /decals from car clubs/ ICE / accessories shop ....

:s22:

keith
29-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Please note that it is a MUST to display a valid road tax for your vehicle. Failure to do so carries a $30 fine~ :crazy:

Offically... season / rd tax all MUST put one.....

dun put, they can slap fine one ..... do at our own risk only.....if caught , no one else to blame

keith

juzaguuy
30-10-2005, 09:38 AM
i have never display for almost a year. those ppl have devices to check if you have bought a season parking coupon. kana a ticket early this month, write in through the web and got it waived.
i wrote in and they didnt reply. so i cant be bothered liao. haha

jq75
02-11-2005, 03:27 PM
well i can only provide this...

i ask from Semb Corp staff when they inspect my area...
It is best to display the season label.. doing so, it will give u 3 days grace period if u yet to display the new month label.. otherwise if they come on the 1st and u yet to buy the new label, fine will be issued.

if u did buy, didn't display, their handheld device will show its a season parking holder and no fine can be issued... unless different vendor have different ways to fine you..

however from HDB website...

Please note that you should display your HDB season parking ticket prominently on your vehicle at all times.

For cars, lorries and buses, place the ticket in the front left corner of the vehicle's windscreen.
For motorcycles, place the ticket in a disc holder near the road tax.

Our enforcement staff conduct regular checks on the vehicles parked in HDB car parks. To avoid any inconvenience to yourself, please :

Display your season parking ticket prominently and properly.
Renew your ticket on time.
Park your vehicle at another nearby car park within the same group if you cannot find an available lot in the car park near to your block.

For further enquiries, you can contact the Branch Office Service Line at 1800-2255432.

jq75
02-11-2005, 03:28 PM

write in to appeal... if first time, sure can waived :)

AXeLpro
02-11-2005, 03:49 PM
U dun display how the carpark attendants know if u got the "license" to park there? This AXN machine quite silly huh... nv issue new parking coupon.. I always play safe go HDB branch renew..

Sometimes these aunties can recognize ur car, so wun bother to look. Guess that's how i escaped summon for forgetting to display it for the 1st 3 days in September. ;)

Happen to me too, she never summon me, just buy mine today.. :s12:

DonWannaBeNerd
06-11-2005, 01:26 AM

They can check it through a centralized system. Sometimes, during first few weeks of the month I also forgot to change to the new ticket, but nothing happened.

But still, its better to display to avoid misunderstanding and unnecessary troubles.

jq75
18-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Nov 18, 2005
I displayed valid season parking disc but warden still booked me

Many months back, the HDB and URA outsourced their car park inspections to external agencies such as Premas, Sembwaste Cleantech etc.

I have obtained feedback that the car park attendants hired by the external agencies are very efficient in booking errant motorists who fail to display parking coupons or who exceed the parking time. Their dedication in discharging the duties is indeed commendable.

But recently I noticed that there were some over-zealous attendants who would issue parking summons even though valid parking coupons were displayed.

A $30 summon was issued to me at my HDB block by a Sembwaste Cleantech parking warden. It was stated that I did not display a parking coupon even though my valid season parking disc was prominently displayed on my car's windscreen.

Even though it was no fault of mine, I had to spend time and effort to make a trip to the HDB branch office to get the summon withdrawn. Is it productive to go through this inconvenience?

I am curious. Are the parking wardens being over-zealous in clocking up their summon 'quotas'? Do they issue the summons just for the sake of issuing them?

I believe there are fellow motorists who have encountered the same situation as I had. Could the relevant agencies comment on this?

Roger Khoo

-------------------

Nov 18, 2005
Parking warden didn't see coupon so I got fined

On October 30, I received a parking summon along Liang Seah Street. I was said to have infringed Rule 4(1)*, which means I did not display any parking coupon. I was fined $30.

I did display a valid coupon, which had only expired less than three minutes from the time of the offence. I wrote to the parking vendor United Premas Limited stating my coupon number. It forwarded my mail to the URA but they rejected my appeal, stating that the parking warden did not see my valid coupon.

We can understand that with the privatisation of the car park service, there is probably some urgency to hand out more parking summons to the public. However, this should be done with more justification.

If all appeals are rejected because of the parking warden's failure to spot an openly displayed coupon, the image of Singapore as an impartial and fair place will be compromised. I as a Singaporean object that our fair parking system is affected in such a manner.

I appeal to the relevant authorities to provide a more transparent avenue for seeking redress.

John Wong Teck Yenn
:s27:

kebinu
18-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Nov 18, 2005
I displayed valid season parking disc but warden still booked me

Many months back, the HDB and URA outsourced their car park inspections to external agencies such as Premas, Sembwaste Cleantech etc.

I have obtained feedback that the car park attendants hired by the external agencies are very efficient in booking errant motorists who fail to display parking coupons or who exceed the parking time. Their dedication in discharging the duties is indeed commendable.

But recently I noticed that there were some over-zealous attendants who would issue parking summons even though valid parking coupons were displayed.

A $30 summon was issued to me at my HDB block by a Sembwaste Cleantech parking warden. It was stated that I did not display a parking coupon even though my valid season parking disc was prominently displayed on my car's windscreen.

Even though it was no fault of mine, I had to spend time and effort to make a trip to the HDB branch office to get the summon withdrawn. Is it productive to go through this inconvenience?

I am curious. Are the parking wardens being over-zealous in clocking up their summon 'quotas'? Do they issue the summons just for the sake of issuing them?

I believe there are fellow motorists who have encountered the same situation as I had. Could the relevant agencies comment on this?

Roger Khoo

-------------------

Nov 18, 2005
Parking warden didn't see coupon so I got fined

On October 30, I received a parking summon along Liang Seah Street. I was said to have infringed Rule 4(1)*, which means I did not display any parking coupon. I was fined $30.

I did display a valid coupon, which had only expired less than three minutes from the time of the offence. I wrote to the parking vendor United Premas Limited stating my coupon number. It forwarded my mail to the URA but they rejected my appeal, stating that the parking warden did not see my valid coupon.

We can understand that with the privatisation of the car park service, there is probably some urgency to hand out more parking summons to the public. However, this should be done with more justification.

If all appeals are rejected because of the parking warden's failure to spot an openly displayed coupon, the image of Singapore as an impartial and fair place will be compromised. I as a Singaporean object that our fair parking system is affected in such a manner.

I appeal to the relevant authorities to provide a more transparent avenue for seeking redress.

John Wong Teck Yenn
:s27:

The issue is getting rather seriously lately. In time to come, make all parking ERP entry. Shiok liao.

Note: For ERP entry, most can just enter without cashcard, but i see people like to stop & insert their cashcard before entering. This slow down the traffic flow quite a lot right?

cheong79
18-11-2005, 01:23 PM

then wish u gd luck, During roadblock they will check for rdtax, cause lta say there a increase cases of un-renew rdtax cos driver never buy/re-new insurance, Still driving on ROAD.
TP or ROV, veri keen to check on tis....

kd2000
18-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Actually I dun understand why we need to display the road tax disc. The system already knows who has or has not paid for the road tax right? And if you haven't paid you will get a reminder letter or fine anyway.

____Q4
18-11-2005, 02:07 PM
actually both is no need to display one... it is pointless since all the systems r computerized n centralized liao.., it's just one of the many white elephants in our system..

it's just dat they dun want to bite the bullet n want to stick to the old rusty methods.

btw, if u not happy just dun display anithing, simply bo-chup :s13: , if suay suay kena caught(which the probalility is quite low)

just give some lame duck reasoning like your 3-year old son soiled it wif coke.. or your gf threw it out of the car window when u refused to buy that prada bag...^^ so cannot display liao....LOL^^ :s13: :bandit:

if really suay meet a "siao on" TP, then bobian loh, just pay.. not too expensive wat.. less than a hundred bucks inexchange for all year long clear windscreen.. quite worth the money : )

cheong79
18-11-2005, 03:29 PM
actually both is no need to display one... it is pointless since all the systems r computerized n centralized liao.., it's just one of the many white elephants in our system..

it's just dat they dun want to bite the bullet n want to stick to the old rusty methods.

btw, if u not happy just dun display anithing, simply bo-chup :s13: , if suay suay kena caught(which the probalility is quite low)

just give some lame duck reasoning like your 3-year old son soiled it wif coke.. or your gf threw it out of the car window when u refused to buy that prada bag...^^ so cannot display liao....LOL^^ :s13: :bandit:

if really suay meet a "siao on" TP, then bobian loh, just pay.. not too expensive wat.. less than a hundred bucks inexchange for all year long clear windscreen.. quite worth the money : )

Rich old man!

____Q4
18-11-2005, 05:42 PM
as for the ppl guarding the carpark.. i must say, there are some extremely polite n understanding ones.. n the totally opposite extreme... zealots.

sometimes they appear as if the carpark space your car is sitting on is laid with GOLD bricks.. if u get wat i m saying.... :s7: