PDA

View Full Version : nissan sunny 1.5L vs lancer 1.5 GDI

anewtech
23-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Hi all,

I need to know which is better between the 2 above mentioned cars, nissan sunny 1.5L vs lancer 1.5 GDI??

any disadvantages? which one is more advisable to buy?

all experts here, please advise and give your view and suggestions. :cool:

sambuca
24-01-2003, 04:14 AM
upz for ya. :D

EK4_TYPE_Rice
24-01-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by anewtech
Hi all,

I need to know which is better between the 2 above mentioned cars, nissan sunny 1.5L vs lancer 1.5 GDI??

any disadvantages? which one is more advisable to buy?

all experts here, please advise and give your view and suggestions. :cool:

stay away from the Nissan, reconsider the Mitsubishi...
and seriously consider putting the Toyota Corolla 1.5XLi on your shopping list. :)

I have heard of too many bad reviews about the Sunny. My neighbour got so fed-up with his Sunny's poor fuel economy, that he sold it within a year, and now he's happy with his new Corolla.
I drove the Sunny myself too. Whether is it the 1.5l or the 1.6l, both felt sluggish, and are just barely adequate for city driving. The plus side is that the Sunny rides well, and has decent refinement when at cruising speeds.
I can't comment on the Lancer as I have not driven it. But personally, the only Lancer i will ever consiider is the Evo.
The Corolla is the best all-rounder here. The VVTi engine is very competent, and dare i say, feels better than the VTEC unit found in the new Civics.

just my 0.02

HMAN
24-01-2003, 02:28 PM
the look of hippo corolla ..is the down sign.
the borneo sales agents are the worst ..seem you owe them money..

EK4_TYPE_Rice
24-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by HMAN
the look of hippo corolla ..is the down sign.
the borneo sales agents are the worst ..seem you owe them money..

yupz, i must agree that the hipporolla is not exactly the best in the looks dept, and the BM salespeople are getting from bad to worse.
but once we get ard that, the hippo is really the finest in the mid-range family car segment now, imho...

if only PI's are willing to import the hippo...

cci[RR]us
24-01-2003, 11:30 PM
1.5GDI is a good choice if you want "looks", but this is highly subjective. The Lancer can be done up quite easily, and can look really fierce!

I think C&C do package a lot of goodies altogether as my dad got full leather, wooden panelling, rims, in-car antenna, reverse sensors, etc.... for free.

The pickup is quite weak though, but you should feel it for yourself.

I like the CVT of the car. My rpm dont drop while (auto) changing gears.

Teo Ming Ern
25-01-2003, 01:32 AM
I heard from a Lancer owner that a lot of GDI owners complain that their engines foul easily after about 2 years. This is because of the GDI engine. The technology is not very mature it seems. This leads to singificant carbon deposits on the inside engine block. Significant knocking and increased fuel consumption and the engine loses its original smoothness. Fuel economy and power do no commensurate with what Mitsubishi claims either. This is what was told to me. Other GDI owners who have had their cars for more than 2 years might want to clarify the situation. Think these are the Galant VR-M/G owners.

The Corolla seems the best bet if u are looking for a Japanese 1.5/1.6L. Alternatively the Mazda 323 is pretty good either and cheaper still I think. Both interiors are about the same with the Corolla baving better head space but that also means more body roll. Its always a trade off.

anewtech
25-01-2003, 02:32 AM
hi all,

thanks for all the post replies. i manage to drop by the showrooms at leng kee road around evening. never get to test drive any of the vehicles as its too late already.

at the c&c showrm, nobody seems to bother about me until i and my fren approach a laujiao salesman...happy to know the lancer price drop by $1k but it's only for the basic package, as for the full leather, wooden panelling, rims, in-car antenna, reverse sensors and CD changer mentioned by cci[RR]us, they dunn come free loh...top up another 3K to make 68K++ into 71K++ :mad:

at the bm showrm, again nobody seems to bother abt me...too many ppl, when approach another laujiao salesman...his answer was listless..can't be bother, anyway corolla's price is much higher as its manual 1.5 basic (but come with leather and all) is already 69k++, auto would cost ard 71-72k++ phew! :mad:

then manage to chk out nissan sunny too. to my surprise, its a big change from the initial 1.5 as it much nicer now. then the leather could come in a mere $300 only from this authorised dealer. the price is 68k++ which is cheaper than lancer..

talking about spacious of the car, corolla and sunny win hands down...now kinda like sunny now..deal to the cheap price and rather "sporty" fat look, if i opt for manual which is a hard thing for such a lazy person like me....it's only 65k++ :D

would chk out the newspaper ad tomorrow (sat) and go down to look and test drive again if can, also to get the best bargain for the car.....would prefer the sunny now, any views and comments on this?

hopefully all will goes well, especially the financing from my dad and the bank...

gotta go koon liao.. see how it goes 2morrow :cool:

cci[RR]us
25-01-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by anewtech
at the c&c showrm, nobody seems to bother about me until i and my fren approach a laujiao salesman...happy to know the lancer price drop by $1k but it's only for the basic package, as for the full leather, wooden panelling, rims, in-car antenna, reverse sensors and CD changer mentioned by cci[RR]us, they dunn come free loh...top up another 3K to make 68K++ into 71K++ :mad:

Forgot to tell you, you need to know how to bargain. I really got them for free. At that time, my package was S$72,988, and I got them for free. I could have swop for a spoiler but my dad don't want.

We got an expert to come along and bargain with a NON-laojiao chio bu. Who ask you to go to laojiao? He confirm don't let you take advantage lah... :laugh:

king
25-01-2003, 10:47 PM
TO be frank ,

i hate all second-car dealer!

and also the saleman @ the show room.

i hope i can use the word *******!

beucause i have bed inpression on them.

they make so much money out of selling car.
yet they dun have even a good custonmer services!!!!!!

thumb down!

@ the toyota showroom, the saleman very TAO!

just like year ago when ecomic was good, honda slaeman very TAO also!

yet @ the sunny showroom the slaeman a bitt better,.

since they are making money why dun they serve WELL>?!?!>?!>?!>?!>?!>?!>?!>?
summarie,
all car sale persons in singapore really need to bush up their services!......

services orientat!!@!@!!@

my morning tibs bus driver even said good morning to me.

Teo Ming Ern
26-01-2003, 12:24 AM
It's like that, these people are not very well-educated and they tend to see only the short term. The ones who can see long term and provide good services even when business is good are few. And these are the few who become sales supervisors and sales managers.

Anyway, why don't go and try Korean car makes? They are reliable, good value for money and assure u the salespeople are very very nice to u!! :D I know cos I bought one.

king
26-01-2003, 12:37 AM
just saw a black kia spectra on the road ,very attrative.
let see next week the loan how first la

summers
26-01-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by EK4_TYPE_Rice

I can't comment on the Lancer as I have not driven it. But personally, the only Lancer i will ever consiider is the Evo.

Are you driving an SiR? Still, most people would go for the Evo, but its not attainable for the peons of Singapore.

Anyway, the previous generation of Lancers (face lifted model) have looks that can kill. Thats why I decided to get a Mivec. Can't really comment on performance since the only other car I drove was a Honda Glx (at BBDC).

Haven't tried driving an SiR before but I'd love to give it a try and test the performance of VTEC.

Teo Ming Ern
26-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by summers

Are you driving an SiR? Still, most people would go for the Evo, but its not attainable for the peons of Singapore.

Anyway, the previous generation of Lancers (face lifted model) have looks that can kill. Thats why I decided to get a Mivec. Can't really comment on performance since the only other car I drove was a Honda Glx (at BBDC).

Haven't tried driving an SiR before but I'd love to give it a try and test the performance of VTEC.

U don't need an SiR to test the performance of the VTEC engine. The Honda ESi has a VTEC engine as well. So does the Honda City.

anewtech
27-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Hi all,

thanks for all your suggestions and comments of Lancer and Sunny.
I personally went to test drive both vehicle and gave the thumb up for Lancer,
it's much smooth drive and quieter than sunny

however, both car's price will be going by when you wake up 2morrow,
sunny by $1K and $2K for lancer... :eek:

but I won't be buying as my financing from my dad failed,
sigh...just miss the cheaper price ever for lancer... :(

EK4_TYPE_Rice
27-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by summers

Hi! Hope my statement wasn't too offending. It was just my personal views. :)

Frankly, when i was shopping for my car, i had the SiR and the Mivec on my shortlist, but it didn't take long for me to decide on the civic as it excites my senses more than the Mivec could, visually in fact. It also helped that i was a VTEC freak at that time (well, not anymore, haha!) :)

The Evo represents Mitsubishi's best. And if I ever have the ability to own one, it will go on top of my shortlist. But i hope they dun stop at Evo8...

EK4_TYPE_Rice
27-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Teo Ming Ern

U don't need an SiR to test the performance of the VTEC engine. The Honda ESi has a VTEC engine as well. So does the Honda City.

DOHC VTEC is really quite different from the SOHC VTEC.