PDA

View Full Version : Notice of parking offence issued by CISCO

Ghostie
02-04-2003, 02:32 AM
I parked by the roadside of a 2-lane road separated by a single white line.

I was issued a white CISCO notice (as thin and long as a NTUC purchase receipt) indicating I was booked and the authorities will be notified of this and will come back to me regarding the penalty.

Does anyone know what is the penalty for this offence?

And does anyone know what is the email address to appeal against traffic offences?

delirium666
02-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Should be about 50$ fine. If im not wrong, or it could be 70.

Appeal? You broke the law by parking there. Single white line denotes no parking at all times. Unless it was a yellow line, then you can park there after 7pm and before 7 am. Doubt you'll be able to appeal unless you have certain connections.

Originally posted by Ghostie

I was issued a white CISCO notice (as thin and long as a NTUC purchase receipt) indicating I was booked and the authorities will be notified of this and will come back to me regarding the penalty.

And does anyone know what is the email address to appeal against traffic offences?

jq75
02-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Ghostie

its not a hdb or ura offence where u can appeal with valid reasons...
however if u really have a solid excuse, u can try after u receive the actual summon from TP.. in the notice shld have some contact no. or email address and u can try ur luck...

I know some appeals with TP requires u to go all the way there to chat with the officer..:)

Zombie
02-04-2003, 11:11 AM
tot they only catch parking on zig-zag lines???

btw, ura fines quite difficult to appeal....

galapogos
02-04-2003, 05:39 PM
I got booked last weekend too with the same offence, but its was directly by Singapore Police Force, the penalty was $70, so yours should be around there too.

lionelseet
02-04-2003, 05:56 PM
confirm 70bucks. got caught for illegal parking at mohd sultan at 0230hrs by TP. can u believe it?

anyway whereever got line cannot park lor. except single yellow. some of my friends still asking me which line can park leh.. in summary if i really lan lan need to park, park along single white line. at least got no pts.

1. double yellow: no parking at all times (fine$100+3pts)
2. single yellow: no parking from 0700hrs to 1900 hrs (fine dunno how much)
3.continuous white line drawn across centre of rd: no parking at all times on both sides (fine $70)
4. continuous double white line drawn across center of rd: no parking (fine $70 i think)
5. zig-zag line both yellow and white: no parking at all times (fine $100 i think + pts)
6.parking on grass verge (fine $70 i think)

see if i left out somemore. maybe someone more exp can update this thread also leh!

luna
03-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Great info. :D

jq75
05-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by lionelseet
confirm 70bucks. got caught for illegal parking at mohd sultan at 0230hrs by TP. can u believe it?

anyway whereever got line cannot park lor. except single yellow. some of my friends still asking me which line can park leh.. in summary if i really lan lan need to park, park along single white line. at least got no pts.

1. double yellow: no parking at all times (fine$100+3pts)
2. single yellow: no parking from 0700hrs to 1900 hrs (fine dunno how much)
3.continuous white line drawn across centre of rd: no parking at all times on both sides (fine $70)
4. continuous double white line drawn across center of rd: no parking (fine $70 i think)
5. zig-zag line both yellow and white: no parking at all times (fine $100 i think + pts)
6.parking on grass verge (fine $70 i think)

see if i left out somemore. maybe someone more exp can update this thread also leh!

on pavement?

lionelseet
05-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jq75

on pavement?

on pavement? u mean u driving m cycle?
that one i duuno liao... pai seh