View Full Version : Renault kangoo or Fiat doblo

marklim
28-02-2005, 11:09 AM
thinking of getting a light van

considering renault kangoo and fiat doblo

anyone here with either of these cars give me their reviews

mickoe
28-02-2005, 11:16 AM
dun get kangoo..although u see alot of ppl having tat..according to my uncle, it is not a gd one.but cant rem y. but only rem that the maintenance will b high once the "particular" thing ( i dun rem wat) breaks down

marklim
28-02-2005, 11:21 AM
so the kangoo breaks down often?

how about

berlingo
partner

looking at these two now also

marklim
28-02-2005, 11:22 AM
fiat doblo is ugly
but it is the cheapest amonst all

but i need to know whether this vehicle is reliable or not?

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 11:30 AM
berlingo / partner is the only non turbo of the lot
but in terms of reliability definitely quite good

kangoo tends to have lot of problems, common also for renault

fiat still unproven but the engines are good, the 1.3 multijet is very economical

u might want to consider opel combo
for 36k with sport rim and abs and 100 horses to unleash, with enuff power to whack a stock rex if driven right

marklim
28-02-2005, 11:32 AM
opel is over my budget by $3k

marklim
28-02-2005, 11:33 AM
the kangoo i am considering is the new 1.5dci turbo

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 11:34 AM
compare berlingo n kangoo, go for berlingo

more reliable vs kangoo, no turbo unit to maintain, 3yr 100,000km warranty(last i heard), looks nicer and more rugged, new batch come with sport bar bulkhead
plus the stock rims and tyres are much better , 175 michelins compared to the 165 dunlops/contieco renault gives

marklim
28-02-2005, 11:37 AM
the look of berlingo and partner looks the same ...exterior and interior

are they the same make?

how bout vw caddy?

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 11:41 AM
the look of berlingo and partner looks the same ...exterior and interior

are they the same make?

how bout vw caddy?

citroen n peugeot are same company under PSA group
they share many common platforms, designed by citroen as berlingo using the xsara platform means its handling is excellent, rebadged as a peugeot to fufill their commercial range lineup

vw caddy no longer comes in with the turtle dome 1.9tdi, now 2.0 NA, bigger than berlingo and definitely pricier
also note that vw is under the exklu$ive group <---the money sign should give u a hint of kangoo/caddy maintenance

marklim
28-02-2005, 11:45 AM
wow you certainly know a lot...thanks

So what do you recommend for a budget of $33K preferably with low maintenance

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 11:56 AM
wow you certainly know a lot...thanks

So what do you recommend for a budget of $33K preferably with low maintenance

b/w kangoo n berlingo, i take berlingo
better handling, similar performance, looks more sophisticated, bigger rear, more spacious interior

ppl might say kangoo cute but sit inside the cabin find it so cramp, the passenger seat i think only can sit kids, look cheap...

omv for 1.5dci kangoo 14k , berlingo omv 18-19k i believe...

marklim
28-02-2005, 12:02 PM
b/w kangoo n berlingo, i take berlingo
better handling, similar performance, looks more sophisticated, bigger rear, more spacious interior

ppl might say kangoo cute but sit inside the cabin find it so cramp, the passenger seat i think only can sit kids, look cheap...

omv for 1.5dci kangoo 14k , berlingo omv 18-19k i believe...

hmm then how do you compare berlingo and partner then? if they are so similar?

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 12:03 PM
my suggestion is
test drive both on same day, order does not matter, just do it one after another
bring a family member along or friend, big size even better, let him sit beside u

test handling, acceleration, braking, see which suits ur needs in terms of space
my guess is u going to buy this as a "passenger vehicle" anyway...so comfort/space should be ur top priority
60km/h only, how fast u chiong also that speed (legally) =:p

btw they can hit 170km/h ns highway :D

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 12:05 PM
hmm then how do you compare berlingo and partner then? if they are so similar?

berlingo side moulding n rear moulding different, being the original ones...BIG and nice, partner they take off the rear one and change the side to skinny ones...

steering wheel,wheel hubcap, engine block cover is lion instead of cheveron, front grill also (cosmetic nia haha)

some batch of partner recently do not come with rear wiper, no idea why
berlingo come with sport bar, its excellent since its the first commercial vehicle to have sport bar, u basically get a whole car feel liao, not the caged up person behind

other than that, same...

marklim
28-02-2005, 12:06 PM
so far test driven only fiat and kangoo

just wanted to shortlist somemore, cant possibly have the time to testdrive all : )

So WarmBarley, i take it your recommendation is the Berlingo 2 according to my budget...yes

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 12:08 PM
have fun testing :D
btw u got try do 150km/h in fiat?
damn fun when u whack past all the fast cars in lane 1 in that :D

p.s. main reason why i dont recommend anyone to touch a renault
even the top of the line laguna score 1.5/5 in reliability
http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/R/renault/laguna05-/laguna05--relqual.html

:s13:

marklim
28-02-2005, 12:17 PM
have fun testing :D
btw u got try do 150km/h in fiat?
damn fun when u whack past all the fast cars in lane 1 in that :D

p.s. main reason why i dont recommend anyone to touch a renault
even the top of the line laguna score 1.5/5 in reliability
http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/R/renault/laguna05-/laguna05--relqual.html

150km/h doing a test drive? ha ha ...the salesman have heart attack first.

marklim
28-02-2005, 12:35 PM
berlingo side moulding n rear moulding different, being the original ones...BIG and nice, partner they take off the rear one and change the side to skinny ones...

steering wheel,wheel hubcap, engine block cover is lion instead of cheveron, front grill also (cosmetic nia haha)

some batch of partner recently do not come with rear wiper, no idea why
berlingo come with sport bar, its excellent since its the first commercial vehicle to have sport bar, u basically get a whole car feel liao, not the caged up person behind

other than that, same...

comestics internally aside...berlingo2 and partner handles the same?
just want your opinion WarmBarley since you have been so helpful and all.

owm
28-02-2005, 04:17 PM
If you want to find out more about the differences between Kangoo, Berlingo, Partner, Doblo, Combo, Caddy and Transit do visit:

EuroVanClub (http://www.eurovanclub.com)

For more information on the Kangoo, you can try:
Renault Car Club(RCC) (http://www.renaultcarclub.com)

I drive a 1.9D facelift Kangoo myself and contrary to what has been posted, my ride is still troublefree after 38,000km. My average mileage is around 16.9km/L
Also, my experience with Exclusiv has been pretty good so far so I guess it depends :)

However, do take note that PIs are apparently bringing in the Kangoo 1.5 dci80 which is more powerful than the version brought in by Exclusiv. Comes with more factory-fitted options too and the price is an incredible S$27,500 (you can check out RCC for more information on this).

Hope this helps!

marklim
28-02-2005, 05:57 PM
just tested driven the berlingo....the brake was way too sensitive. And the Berlingo is actually a modified Partner according to the Peugeot salesman.

but the renault insurance is too ex compared to the others...no freebies, 1 year warranty, no free insurance...haiz

marklim
28-02-2005, 06:01 PM
[
However, do take note that PIs are apparently bringing in the Kangoo 1.5 dci80 which is more powerful than the version brought in by Exclusiv. Comes with more factory-fitted options too and the price is an incredible S$27,500 (you can check out RCC for more information on this).

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

what is PI?

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 06:15 PM
just tested driven the berlingo....the brake was way too sensitive. And the Berlingo is actually a modified Partner according to the Peugeot salesman.

but the renault insurance is too ex compared to the others...no freebies, 1 year warranty, no free insurance...haiz

too sensitive is better, the pads have better bite than the kangoo ones
the peugeot guy smoke u, its the other way around

PI = parallel importer, yes 28k looks tempting but note : NO WARRANTY BY EXKLUSIVE,
if expensive parts like engine, turbo unit, fuel pump spoil, each 3-4k$ for replacement

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 06:29 PM
btw...squeeze 3k more...buy the combo...

marklim
28-02-2005, 07:42 PM
combo maintenance not cheap i heard

WarmBarley
28-02-2005, 07:50 PM
combo maintenance not cheap i heard

15,000 OCI compared to 10,000 but u have to use very good diesel oils for those, such as Royal Purple 15W40
but the 3k more u get sport rim and abs and the fastest engine around

nissan_s152001
28-02-2005, 11:47 PM
consider opel combo!!!!! :s12:
Add 3k more u will get 100hp, 4wheel discbrake, ABS, 15"alloy rim.......

cavver777
01-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Watz turbo for in a van?

WarmBarley
01-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Watz turbo for in a van?

300nm of torque
ultimate muscle to match rexes

marklim
01-03-2005, 08:55 AM
i heard turbo engines...you need to let it cool down before staring up again?

is this true?

WarmBarley
01-03-2005, 09:07 AM
i heard turbo engines...you need to let it cool down before staring up again?

is this true?

practice 2 min warmup and cool down
if start again after a short period , no need warmup

marklim
01-03-2005, 09:11 AM
consider opel combo!!!!! :s12:
Add 3k more u will get 100hp, 4wheel discbrake, ABS, 15"alloy rim.......

i thought ABS is an option ...so have to pay more right?

anyone know if Opel is throwing in any freebies like free insurance or extended warranty?

and it is only 2 disc front 2 drum rear brake

WarmBarley
01-03-2005, 09:14 AM
i thought ABS is an option ...so have to pay more right?

anyone know if Opel is throwing in any freebies like free insurance or extended warranty?

and it is only 2 disc front 2 drum rear brake

abs is stock, 4 disc is stock
4 sport rim is stock

marklim
01-03-2005, 09:16 AM
abs is stock, 4 disc is stock
4 sport rim is stock

really

was reading the brochure online

marklim
01-03-2005, 09:22 AM
argggg this is exasparating

I am no closer to making my decision

so far

Opel Combo - Over budget (most Ex)
Partner / Berlingo - Sensitive Brakes (1 year free insurance 3 year warranty/mileage) Some freebies
Kangoo - heard problematic (1 year warranty) No Freebies
Fiat Doblo - Risky (Unproven) Cheapest. (1 year free insurance 3 year warranty) A lot of freebies
VW Caddy - Higher maintenance costs

going out of my mind

owm
01-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Can't advise you on the other vehicles except the Kangoo. My Kangoo came with 3 yr or 60,000 km warranty whichever comes first.

So far I have not had any cataclysmic problems with my 1.9D. Only problems I had was a blown speaker and faulty HU that was replaced FOC even though out of warranty (1 yr only).

All in all, I think it has been very reliable (still on stock battery, no smoking problems, no belt issues etc) provided you as a owner take good care of it by sending in for regular servicing, conducting regular checks on engine oil levels, battery fluid, tyres etc., having proper starting up procedures in the morning and generally not treating the vehicle like a sports car.

I believe most problems arise because people spend a lot of money dolling up their ride but when it comes to maintenance, they skimp on it. For example, use good quality engine oils that are rated for diesel engines, change the air filter, pollen filter and aircon belt when needed etc.

An analogy is that as a person, you can buy all sorts of fashionable clothing, fancy watches, accessories and gadgets but if you neglect your own body (diet, exercise, cleanliness) then you will fall ill, look sickly more often than not.

WarmBarley
01-03-2005, 11:11 AM
ok lets rule out combo and caddy due to price and maintenance issues

berlingo/partner uses 266 rotors and bosch pads, which definitely grip much harder than the 259 (kangoo) with valeo pads and i think also 259 or so for fiat

power wise, fiat tops with 105 horses, berlingo next with 72(dynoed at 75), 1.5dci kangoo at 65

looks wise, u want sophisticated upmarket look berlingo, the rugged sporty look fiat, the cute(to some nfi why) kangoo

reliability wise i heard less issues with berlingo than kangoo, renault being notorious for problems like flywheel sensor, loose connectors blah blah, but **** happens to every brand, its everyone's luck, some can say no problem, some can say lot of problem, so my advice is dun take "quoted problems" into the equation. renault is a GLC in france, their cost of making is very much lower(from omv) due to cheap parts

agent / warranty wise: more or less the same, fiat agent is under goldbell group , which brings in mitsubushi commercial vehicles, i have 5 mitsu vehicles under my company and i have no issues with them, i presume it would hold true for fiat agent also

out of the 3:
i would recommend the fiat

+ve :
best power of the lot
huge interior
high sitting position, very good view
cheap, can negotiate for reverse sensors, window film, pls korea trip thrown in i heard
well laid out engine bay
tested able to hit 150 by me ^_^
very tune-able, can hit 350nm, 145-150 horses no problem if u got the cash, street legal
CHEAP AS HELL

-ve :
-subjective looks to some(exterior and interior)
-not that many on the road yet...but it takes time...berlingo/partner last time not a lot, everyone follow the trend kangoo good lah, cute lah all buy, then ppl start realising hey berlingo is so much better and reliable

fiat test report
http://www.whatvan.co.uk/testreport.asp?manufacturer=Fiat&model=Dobl%F2
http://www.whatvan.co.uk/roadtest.asp?manufacturer=Fiat&model=Dobl%F2

btw the 1.3multijet engine is the best of the lot , i take that over the 1.9jtd
2nd generation common rail, more reliable, more power for the size, more fuel economical(smaller cc), more cleaner... :D

marklim
01-03-2005, 06:48 PM
berlingo has 2 versions

version 1: driver airbag, full-height mesh grille, opening at the top

version 2: standard-fit ladder-type load restraint frame, no opening at the top

difference in price around $600, versioon 2 being cheaper of the two

prefer version 1 but hate full-height mesh grille , prefer the standard-fit ladder-type load restraint frame

WarmBarley
01-03-2005, 07:08 PM
berlingo has 2 versions

version 1: driver airbag, full-height mesh grille, opening at the top

version 2: standard-fit ladder-type load restraint frame, no opening at the top

difference in price around $600, versioon 2 being cheaper of the two

prefer version 1 but hate full-height mesh grille , prefer the standard-fit ladder-type load restraint frame

so get the ladder one lor since u like it and its cheaper?

nissan_s152001
01-03-2005, 07:56 PM
BTW Just saw the news tht LTA allow van to have behind window...... So is eurovan coming out a version where there is a window behind???????? ANY 1 can Tell me?????

marklim
02-03-2005, 10:09 AM
most likely getting the berlingo 2 mid or end march

Thanks all for your feedback especially WarmBarley.

WarmBarley
02-03-2005, 11:38 AM
BTW Just saw the news tht LTA allow van to have behind window...... So is eurovan coming out a version where there is a window behind???????? ANY 1 can Tell me?????

not likely
1/2 of the ppl buying vans use them for real business
1/4 for mixed
1/4 for "replacement cars"

legally only WORKERS allowed to sit behind, not family members or friends
putting window means u are exposed behind to the public, means extra $ tinting
i heard the dealers are doing conversion for approx 1k, plus window film make it say 1.2 to 1.3k investment

hey..having a fully covered behind makes it easier to make out doesn't it? :D

WarmBarley
02-03-2005, 11:39 AM
most likely getting the berlingo 2 mid or end march

Thanks all for your feedback especially WarmBarley.

no problems :)
many of the mechanics , foreman, admin staff there are my friends...know them very long liao...if need any assistance can pm me... :D
my frends go there always jump queue :D

marklim
02-03-2005, 11:44 AM
ohh? Do you know the sales consultant there?

maybe you can get him to throw in a few more freebies..hee hee

WarmBarley
02-03-2005, 11:58 AM
ohh? Do you know the sales consultant there?

maybe you can get him to throw in a few more freebies..hee hee

the sf i noe all left liao, one go chervolet, one hyundai
dun commit to one sf
generally for any vehicle purchase dun seem that eager to buy, try to be undecisive and let them offer u to sweeten the deal
the most senior sf there is doris (old auntie hehe) , tackle her no use, tackle the young ones..eager to close
try to squeeze for reverse sensor, wheel cover, sofa behind, window film(if u good negotiator)
number plate try to ask them change for u to the eurostyle one, those u see on the car version
the stock stick on front and back one, very ugly, those kind slight impact easy to crack (hard plastic material)

servicing normally give 2 free, one collection checkup at 1500km or so and 10,000
not sure if they giving more now or similar, try to get more free servicing from SF

marklim
02-03-2005, 01:07 PM
ok will do

i am not a good negotiator...but will try for it
speaking to an Ivan...so far he willing to throw in free carpeting and rear speakers

WarmBarley
02-03-2005, 01:13 PM
ask for sensors and sofa too if can :)
my ICE nearly 2k liao :D

fanatic_frenzy
04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
anyone can brief me the pricing on berlingo 2, the initial deposit (need?), monthly/ x yr, road tax, insurance (if passengers allowed)... fc (average how much used/ mth)...etc...thanks! Looking into this model after many considerations.. :s12:

WarmBarley
04-03-2005, 12:04 PM
anyone can brief me the pricing on berlingo 2, the initial deposit (need?), monthly/ x yr, road tax, insurance (if passengers allowed)... fc (average how much used/ mth)...etc...thanks! Looking into this model after many considerations.. :s12:

approx 33k
$1 driveaway possible

to calculate monthly

with 3k downpayment example, loan amt 30k
$30,000 (loan amt) * 3.3 (int rate)* 7 (yrs) / 84 (months)

road tax 500 a yr
insurance 1.1 to 1.2k
5 workers allowed behind
speed limit raise to 70km./h wef today
fc 13km/l 100% city driving, 16-19km/l highway
going at 150km/h on ns highway 10km/l

cavver777
04-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Guy i got Question... i hav a van and wish to install window... will my road tax be presently good vehical road tax or a GPV road tax ? ... cause if it charge GPV road tax it will not worth it since window van hav no seats like the GPV

*GPV - Good-cum-passenger vehical, van wit seats and windows. Y or G plated

*Window van - Just a Normal van with windows on side panel

WarmBarley
04-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Guy i got Question... i hav a van and wish to install window... will my road tax be presently good vehical road tax or a GPV road tax ? ... cause if it charge GPV road tax it will not worth it since window van hav no seats like the GPV

*GPV - Good-cum-passenger vehical, van wit seats and windows. Y or G plated

*Window van - Just a Normal van with windows on side panel

same as before

fanatic_frenzy
04-03-2005, 01:45 PM
thanks for the feedback, bro warmbarley.... btw u mentioned tt the fc on the ns highway? Need to apply anything to gain access to Malaysia? btw, would anyone travel til 150km with this minivan?haha... won't it pek char when reach malacca...

WarmBarley
04-03-2005, 02:12 PM
thanks for the feedback, bro warmbarley.... btw u mentioned tt the fc on the ns highway? Need to apply anything to gain access to Malaysia? btw, would anyone travel til 150km with this minivan?haha... won't it pek char when reach malacca...

not allowed, drive in at own risk, if JPJ kanna u, vehicle impounded
yes i would, i went all the way up the penang and thai border before, rest only 3x for refuel and 2x makan
never pek char, still good condition , got no probs day 1 till now :D
the chance of a eurovan pek char is much lower than a japan saloon there, especially since they are built more rugged, bulletproof conti engines and stronger/heavier chassis

aardy1
04-03-2005, 04:37 PM
bro warmbarley,

find that u're very helpful and very knowledgeable about mini van.... driving a cheap korean car now... tempted to switch to a minivan coz of the lower maintainence.

btw, what's jpj?

WarmBarley
04-03-2005, 05:15 PM
bro warmbarley,

find that u're very helpful and very knowledgeable about mini van.... driving a cheap korean car now... tempted to switch to a minivan coz of the lower maintainence.

btw, what's jpj?

malaysian LTA

marklim
05-03-2005, 10:34 AM
approx 33k
$1 driveaway possible

to calculate monthly

road tax 500 a yr
insurance 1.1 to 1.2k
5 workers allowed behind

WarmBarley sums it up here pretty accurately
I got the quote last week but paiseh lost the paper
if not can post exact figures here

insurance 1K++
2 types of loan: Full Loan and 90% loan only

will post exact figures when i find the stupid paper

speed limit raised? they should raised it to 80km/h
70 still too slow

marklim
05-03-2005, 10:36 AM
not allowed, drive in at own risk, if JPJ kanna u, vehicle impounded
yes i would, i went all the way up the penang and thai border before, rest only 3x for refuel and 2x makan
never pek char, still good condition , got no probs day 1 till now :D
the chance of a eurovan pek char is much lower than a japan saloon there, especially since they are built more rugged, bulletproof conti engines and stronger/heavier chassis

WarmBarley what eurovan are you driving?

aardy1
05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
tried to look at classified and searched the net. coudln't find.

would any kind soul pls help me out? thanks

WarmBarley
05-03-2005, 04:41 PM
tried to look at classified and searched the net. coudln't find.

would any kind soul pls help me out? thanks

beside traffic police hq

WarmBarley
05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
WarmBarley what eurovan are you driving?

have a berlingo and a kangoo 1.5dci

marklim
05-03-2005, 08:59 PM
So i assume you prefer your berlingo to your kangoo then? :s13:

WarmBarley
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
i drive car most of time unless need to lug junk around :s13:
or go construction sites then i use it as "off road" :D

aardy1
05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
o

power wise, fiat tops with 105 horses, berlingo next with 72(dynoed at 75), 1.5dci kangoo at 65

out of the 3:
i would recommend the fiat

+ve :
best power of the lot
huge interior
high sitting position, very good view
cheap, can negotiate for reverse sensors, window film, pls korea trip thrown in i heard
well laid out engine bay
tested able to hit 150 by me ^_^
very tune-able, can hit 350nm, 145-150 horses no problem if u got the cash, street legal
CHEAP AS HELL

-ve :
-subjective looks to some(exterior and interior)
-not that many on the road yet...but it takes time...berlingo/partner last time not a lot, everyone follow the trend kangoo good lah, cute lah all buy, then ppl start realising hey berlingo is so much better and reliable

btw the 1.3multijet engine is the best of the lot , i take that over the 1.9jtd
2nd generation common rail, more reliable, more power for the size, more fuel economical(smaller cc), more cleaner... :D

warmbarley towkay,

which fiat u talking about (in the first part of your recommendation)?
coz i spoke to a sales rep.
she was telling me got 3 models
fiat 1.9 $31.9k
fiat 1.9 turbo $34.7k
1.3 multijet is $33k+

which one more economical?

WarmBarley
05-03-2005, 09:59 PM
warmbarley towkay,

which fiat u talking about (in the first part of your recommendation)?
coz i spoke to a sales rep.
she was telling me got 3 models
fiat 1.9 $31.9k
fiat 1.9 turbo $34.7k
1.3 multijet is $33k+

which one more economical?

dun towkay lah
u can check the specs from http://www.lcv.fiat.com
or from brochures

take either the 1.3 multijet or the 1.9jtd (105hp model)
think the 1.9 is the normal na version right, should be the same engine block as berlingo
fiat had partnership agreement with PSA group (citroen peugeot) for co-design and parts sharing, more like lazy rebadging..hehe

the 1.3 is a 2nd generation common rail , excellent fuel economy, each cylinder has 2 nozzles for fuel injection, good design, but the 1.9jtd is an excellent chiongster :D

multijet can whack for 31k, the jtd for 33k
squeeze the guy

nissan_s152001
05-03-2005, 11:15 PM
bro warmbarley

Are u a member of the eurovan club?????

WarmBarley
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
bro warmbarley

Are u a member of the eurovan club?????

maybe i am maybe i am not :s42:
i am in lot of clubs..haha
think 5-6

marklim
07-03-2005, 10:07 AM
ha ha managed to get the salesman to throw in

reverse sensors
carpeting
rear speakers
wheel cover

he will change the full-height mesh grille to the standard-fit ladder-type load restraint frame when they have stock.

going to do the paperwork today

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 10:36 AM
ha ha managed to get the salesman to throw in

reverse sensors
carpeting
rear speakers
wheel cover

he will change the full-height mesh grille to the standard-fit ladder-type load restraint frame when they have stock.

going to do the paperwork today

that ladder cost 300bux each piece
600 total..

cavver777
07-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Throw in 3rd breakin lamp? or is already in standard accessories?

cavver777
07-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Question: Wheel cover not worth it? Cause i personally find it ugly and loss it easily , especially after changing the punture tyre or it fall off during turning at high speed.

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 11:39 AM
3rd brake light for eurovan is stock
personally dun find rim covers any good
trap dust, dun allow proper cooling, only protects ur rims

retile
07-03-2005, 11:47 AM
actually I am looking at the PI version of kangoo.. Anyone went to see that??
Now that LTA has approved glass windows for vans.. will any dealers actually bring in those type of vans? If so I rather wait for new batch of vans.

So MArk u have decided on Berlingo ? How much is the current price? downpayment ?

marklim
07-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Now that LTA has approved glass windows for vans.. will any dealers actually bring in those type of vans? If so I rather wait for new batch of vans.

So MArk u have decided on Berlingo ? How much is the current price? downpayment ?

Yup....A week to process paperwork and loan...ordered a silvered colored one

price....still have to find that goddamn paper
i think around $33.8K...have to confirm

downpayment according to whether you take full loan of 90% loan

marklim
07-03-2005, 02:27 PM
600 total..

wow...guess i got a better deal then huh?
just have to wait for the stock to come in...they place an order for me.

marklim
07-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Question: Wheel cover not worth it? Cause i personally find it ugly and loss it easily , especially after changing the punture tyre or it fall off during turning at high speed.

got the wheel cover because someone suggested it here....
anyways better than nothing rite?

cavver777
07-03-2005, 02:46 PM
got the wheel cover because someone suggested it here....
anyways better than nothing rite?

eh... ya better then nothing to lost. :s13:

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 02:52 PM
wow...guess i got a better deal then huh?
just have to wait for the stock to come in...they place an order for me.

worldwide stock shortage of it :s27:

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 02:54 PM
for berlingo/kangoo, performs best on esso/mobil ;)
shell next

marklim
07-03-2005, 03:06 PM
for berlingo/kangoo, performs best on esso/mobil ;)
shell next

really? there's a difference?
i am a Shell member....find it funny to switch to Esso/Mobil :s22:

retile
07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
So theres 2 type of loans? full or 90% ? anyway , u have any idea how long u gotta wait b4 u get yr vehicle?

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 03:15 PM
really? there's a difference?
i am a Shell member....find it funny to switch to Esso/Mobil :s22:

then use shell all the way

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 03:16 PM
So theres 2 type of loans? full or 90% ? anyway , u have any idea how long u gotta wait b4 u get yr vehicle?

the vehicle is always ready for u, its just the loan approval
anyway i got mine immediate coe, loan 1 day to approve, got vehicle 2 day after i sign
monday sign, tuesday morning approve, wed register, wed evening collect, friday ns highway to KL ....hehe...
SE came down my office sign paper and deliever vehicle

marklim
07-03-2005, 03:19 PM

roughly a week....the sales guy say they have 5 vehicles left
just wait for paperwork to be approve along with loan

marklim
07-03-2005, 03:21 PM
was so tempted to get the black one

just that black dirty very very obvious...sianz

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 03:21 PM
any modding plans :D

marklim
07-03-2005, 03:24 PM
then use shell all the way

will probably try what you said...but is there really a difference?

I think you are like a automobile sage here already....so knowlegeble
think you will have disciples climbing the mountain to learn from you already

marklim
07-03-2005, 03:27 PM
any modding plans :D

not likely....will be spending more money this coming IT fair...no monies
upgrading my bluetooth ear piece

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 03:37 PM
dunno
i try everybrand for 5000km and compare lor.......
avoid : spc/bp (same fuel...lousy), petronas diesel...(utter crap...its euro1, screw up engine...)

get the motorola bt, 850
http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/Motorola%20HS850.jpg

SLT got one shop orion communication sell $125
, mobilesquare $138

http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg

marklim
07-03-2005, 03:40 PM
dunno
i try everybrand for 5000km and compare lor.......
avoid : spc/bp (same fuel...lousy), petronas diesel...(utter crap...its euro1, screw up engine...)

get the motorola bt, 850
http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/Motorola%20HS850.jpg

SLT got one shop orion communication sell $125
, mobilesquare $138

http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg

hey i think that is the earpiece i am getting motorola HS850
waiting for PC fair this thu and see

marklim
07-03-2005, 03:44 PM
so you got the best mileage out of ESSO/Mobil is it?

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 03:53 PM
400-450 half tank

retile
07-03-2005, 04:22 PM
actually i am looking at the black one too.. i think its rather cool. if not white. am afraid that black makes the whole vehicle warmer.. actually does it? haha

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 04:39 PM
white get yellowish very fast
black is ok but need to maintain it
definitely it will get hot, very hot under direct sun die to the huge amount of metal surface behind, definitely need to minimize those.... :D

marklim
07-03-2005, 05:03 PM
white get yellowish very fast
black is ok but need to maintain it
definitely it will get hot, very hot under direct sun die to the huge amount of metal surface behind, definitely need to minimize those.... :D

thats the reason i didnt get black
man it was so beautiful in the showroom....against my better judgement

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 05:07 PM
black with sport rim, fog lights, window tinting, hid
^_^

marklim
07-03-2005, 06:47 PM

Final figures...found the quote

Nett Price - $33 688
Loan - $30 000 (90%)
Mthy - $440 (3.3%*7)
Downpayment - $4128

Nett Price - $33 688
Loan - $33687 ($1 Downpayment)
Mthy - $508 (3.8%*7)
Downpayment - $508

WarmBarley
07-03-2005, 07:01 PM
3.8% for full loan...wow...
OCBC?

marklim
07-03-2005, 09:08 PM
3.8% for full loan...wow...
OCBC?

dont know which bank or credit company is it...never did ask

marklim
18-03-2005, 01:13 AM
the vehicle is always ready for u, its just the loan approval
anyway i got mine immediate coe, loan 1 day to approve, got vehicle 2 day after i sign
monday sign, tuesday morning approve, wed register, wed evening collect, friday ns highway to KL ....hehe...
SE came down my office sign paper and deliever vehicle

how did you get your van so fast...i am still waiting for it...sianz

Next thu evening then collect

WarmBarley
18-03-2005, 08:43 AM
how did you get your van so fast...i am still waiting for it...sianz

Next thu evening then collect

immediate coe , plus my loan was settle very fast same day evening

marklim
18-03-2005, 10:05 AM
immediate coe , plus my loan was settle very fast same day evening

my loan took very long...sianz now loan approve...still have to wait for a week. :s8:

marklim
24-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Finally getting my berlingo this evening :D

marklim
24-03-2005, 12:22 PM
will post pics soon

retile
24-03-2005, 12:25 PM
cool.. looking forward to seeing the pics.

marklim
24-03-2005, 12:28 PM
ha ha will do so

6.30pm then collect.

retile
24-03-2005, 12:37 PM
hows yr feelings now? excited?

I am searching for second hand eurovan now.. hope to get one soon..

marklim
24-03-2005, 12:52 PM
hows yr feelings now? excited?

I am searching for second hand eurovan now.. hope to get one soon..

past excitement liao, in fact pissed for waiting so long.
LTA made me wait for 5 days for approval

WarmBarley
24-03-2005, 01:58 PM
why post pics...so many on road...look the same...only under the bonnet... :evil:

xtr bodykit for u sire?

http://www.citroen.com/CWW/en-US/RANGE/PrivateCars/Berlingo/default/Berlingo_X-TR.htm

marklim
24-03-2005, 03:46 PM
there might be potential buyers who want to see them interior mah :)

retile
24-03-2005, 05:17 PM
yupz me. cos i haveen peep into the interior b4

WarmBarley
24-03-2005, 05:59 PM
www.whatvan.co.uk

M_16
25-03-2005, 11:40 AM
will the C2 and C3 enterprise be categorised as goods vehicle in singapore?

WarmBarley
25-03-2005, 01:43 PM
will the C2 and C3 enterprise be categorised as goods vehicle in singapore?

not brought in
c4 and c5ii and c6 coming in

M_16
26-03-2005, 11:20 AM
if happen to be brought in can be goods veh?

then hows the pricing of the C4 enterprise

WarmBarley
26-03-2005, 11:42 AM
u think provision shop ah?
those considered GPV vehicle

M_16
26-03-2005, 12:53 PM
u think provision shop ah?
those considered GPV vehicle

how do they classify?

WarmBarley
26-03-2005, 01:06 PM
how do they classify?

read the post u quote

M_16
26-03-2005, 02:27 PM
i mean how the LTA categorise the vehicles

WarmBarley
26-03-2005, 02:47 PM
already told u...GPV
and they WUN be brought in

M_16
26-03-2005, 04:21 PM
then how do a certain vehicle qualify as a goods vehicle?

marklim
31-03-2005, 09:42 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/marklim/P1040213.jpg

ok take the interior for you already

a bit messy...sorry

marklim
31-03-2005, 09:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/marklim/P1040214.jpg

marklim
31-03-2005, 09:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/marklim/P1040211.jpg

the back with a sofa (sofa not included) :D

marklim
31-03-2005, 09:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/marklim/P1040212.jpg

from the back

marklim
31-03-2005, 09:47 AM

hope this help :D

WarmBarley
31-03-2005, 10:43 AM

congrats
got buffet?

retile
31-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks pal ! U making me so gian to get my own ride now. Anyway the rear partition in between the back of yr seat and the sofa can be removed now. Are you going to do it?

marklim
31-03-2005, 10:48 AM
dont need to post exterior pics since the road got quite a lot of berlingo already. :D

retile
31-03-2005, 10:50 AM
hey pal.. wats the color of yr berlingo huh?

marklim
31-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks pal ! U making me so gian to get my own ride now. Anyway the rear partition in between the back of yr seat and the sofa can be removed now. Are you going to do it?

i know...but i waiting for my ladder rung restraints to come in before i removed it.

Sofa of course can removed, i went to buy the sofa from Novena...not standard item

marklim
31-03-2005, 10:52 AM
hey pal.. wats the color of yr berlingo huh?

silver pal

retile
31-03-2005, 10:54 AM
alright. thanks for the info. Hope that I can get mine soon. looking at eitehr combo or kangoo.

marklim
31-03-2005, 06:04 PM
right wish you luck :D

retile
31-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Pal, frankly speaking how much do you predict spending on yr vehicle each month? Cos I am doing a breakdown on the possible costs and expenses.. like how much for petrol, carpark, etc.

yvesgoh
31-03-2005, 11:52 PM
OT abit, Do you guys disable the SWD? How do you all do it? It is quite irratiting when you are making a phone call and that things goes pi... pi....pi...pi...pi...pi.... :s27:

marklim
01-04-2005, 12:52 AM
OT abit, Do you guys disable the SWD? How do you all do it? It is quite irratiting when you are making a phone call and that things goes pi... pi....pi...pi...pi...pi.... :s27:

No leh the sales guy dont want to disable for me...say not loud....matter of getting used to it....my speakers louder than the beep anyways

marklim
01-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Pal, frankly speaking how much do you predict spending on yr vehicle each month? Cos I am doing a breakdown on the possible costs and expenses.. like how much for petrol, carpark, etc.

based on individual usage....diesel cheaper than petrol mah :D

WarmBarley
01-04-2005, 01:10 AM
simi si swd :s11:
got meh :s13:

WarmBarley
01-04-2005, 01:11 AM

sold ur car liao meh :s11:

yvesgoh
01-04-2005, 01:27 AM

Speed Warning Device lor... every commercial vehicle sure habe one lah :)

WarmBarley
01-04-2005, 01:46 AM
Speed Warning Device lor... every commercial vehicle sure habe one lah :)

no sound :s11:

yvesgoh
01-04-2005, 02:03 AM

got nice pi..pi...pi...pii sound coming from it. Was asking on how to disable it temporary..... as that thing will still be needed during inspection

marklim
01-04-2005, 09:46 AM

you disabled yours?

heh heh show how leh

take pic

marklim
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM

SWD you dont know?

never drive SAF vehicle before?

WarmBarley
01-04-2005, 11:12 AM
you disabled yours?

heh heh show how leh

take pic
:s11: :s11: ;) :D

softdrink1982
01-04-2005, 12:46 PM
ok, new prices of vans i got and hope this is useful :
Kangoo 1.5D $35k
Kangoo 1.4A $36k
Berlingo 1.9 (w/0 roof flap) $34,388
Berlingo 1.9 (w. air bag + roof flap) $35,388
Opel Combo 1.7 $39,100
VW Caddy 2.0 $38,800
Fiat Doblo 1.9D $34,400
Didn't get the price for Peugoet Partner.

Price list according to the previous COE (21st Mar week, not the most recent COE price)

marklim
01-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Kangoo 1.5D $35k
Kangoo 1.4A $36k
Opel Combo 1.7 $39,100
VW Caddy 2.0 $38,800
Fiat Doblo 1.9D $34,400

Price list according to the previous COE (21st Mar week, not the most recent COE price)

Peugoet Partner same price as berlingo
just less servicing and freebies

marklim
01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Kangoo 1.5D $35k
Kangoo 1.4A $36k
Opel Combo 1.7 $39,100
VW Caddy 2.0 $38,800
Fiat Doblo 1.9D $34,400

remember kangoo
no free servicing and no freebies

WarmBarley
01-04-2005, 02:17 PM
those prices all quite high, minus 2k off them all

read thru this whole thread

summary

kangoo : avoid, lot of problems

berlingo/partner : proven and reliable, used in france/eu as police vans, ambulances..etc

new 1.7ctdi combo : good buy

fiat 1.9jtd / 1.3 : good value for money, been out since 2002 and used by hungarian military ,
avoid the 1.9D , using citroen engine block but older model, 63bhp only

new vw caddy 2.0na : unproven yet but it looks the best of the lot so far :)

alexius79
01-04-2005, 05:00 PM
HI ,
TO ME THE FIAT dublo is better as it feature at the roadshow its is really cheap and good . the best u can get the local agent maintainance i think is goldbell leasing or trianlge auto. they are the reputable name in the commercial vehicles. my fren bought the renault b4 he say its really powerful to drive but maintainance is quite ex.

but the last choice is also up to u

WarmBarley
01-04-2005, 05:17 PM
on paper and in test drive the fiat is good
but there are some drawbacks

1) high cg for that much power
2) small rotors, very weak brakes
3) subjective looks, poor aerodynamic design(but power compensates for this)
4) only out < half yr, very much unproven here(overseas is diff thing)
5) engine need tuning, spoke to their mechanics before, very rough, probably due to our fuel (yes sg diesel is not as high quality as u think, industrial and petrol station the same)

advantages :
1) can tune to hit 160bhp
2) ruggedness tested overseas, including off road
3)huge behind...good for...u noe wat... :D
4) cheap for the specs
5) 1.3multijet and 1.9jtdengine block from opel , 1.9d engine block from citroen, means lot of spare parts readily available
6) most of engine components readily available from PSA/GM bin parts , since fiat has co-development agreements with both PSA/GM , eg the scudo(bigger ver) is the citroen jumpy (fully rebadged)

softdrink1982
01-04-2005, 06:15 PM
well, i have a corolla, hiace and a opel combo CDTI. if you want to compare, i would like to say combo is not a bad choice. if camparing power and FC, i think the combo stands out to be one of the best. interior design of combo is not bad, pick up faster than most of the jap cars
comparing FC
1st combo $37 full tank for 700km diseal shell
2nd hiace $50 full tank for 600km diseal shell
3 corolla $55 full tank for 550km 5000 mobil

pick up
1st combo (stock)
2nd corolla (stock)(auto)
3rd hiace (stock)

hope this helps!

kllees
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
hi allz,

in term of maintenance, which is cheaper?

1)berlingo
2)kangoo
3)combo

thx...

WarmBarley
02-04-2005, 01:51 AM
combo cos every 15,000km servicing
but not advisable

Batthousai
02-04-2005, 01:16 PM
hi guys,
dun mind i juz chip in for a while?

i am thinking for tearing down the partition inside my berlingo, as i saw my friend had torn down his, but i am not sure whether this will give any problems when the van goes for LTA inspection?

yvesgoh
02-04-2005, 01:54 PM
hi guys,
dun mind i juz chip in for a while?

i am thinking for tearing down the partition inside my berlingo, as i saw my friend had torn down his, but i am not sure whether this will give any problems when the van goes for LTA inspection?

The law had already been pass.... you can just tear it down if you want to... but i will suggest you to put it back if you are carying goods cos of safety reason... you dun want anything to fly from behind and hit you if you e-brake... do you? That thing there is for a reason. :) Hope this help.

WarmBarley
02-04-2005, 02:19 PM
http://img168.exs.cx/img168/8350/lta4tt.gif

the partition in berlingo is 2 parts, can remove top and keep the bottom u get the best of both world
excellent design :)

Batthousai
02-04-2005, 05:12 PM
thanks for the info...i remem i seen the news..lol
but how come i didn't receive this letter?
btw, what van u guys drive? :)

WarmBarley
02-04-2005, 05:17 PM
thanks for the info...i remem i seen the news..lol
but how come i didn't receive this letter?
btw, what van u guys drive? :)

think lta very free hor...postman ah? :s13:
its not given out of cos ;)

Batthousai
02-04-2005, 05:25 PM
so u are a motor agent ar?...
got any other news links coz i really need to confirm one more time b4 i tear down...

marklim
04-04-2005, 01:39 AM
You can always check LTA website to double confirm if you have doubts

WarmBarley
04-04-2005, 09:05 AM
watever i posted is watever is official
dun bother calling cos almost everyone i noe has called before already and it will _NOT_ be posted up on lta news webby as those are reserves for updates affecting all motorists (eg 60-70 increase) only

if still dun believe, too bad lor, keep it there next 10 yrs :D

retile
04-04-2005, 10:44 AM
ya. its true. you can go to the eurovan club site to see too. its official.

Sendoh82
14-04-2005, 02:00 AM
The berlingo i quite interested.. go where buy best har?

eh pardon me~ i noob~ eh for rear passenger hor.. how they know whether the passenger are ur workers or not??? and hor if gana caught got what fine?

WarmBarley
14-04-2005, 07:52 AM
The berlingo i quite interested.. go where buy best har?

eh pardon me~ i noob~ eh for rear passenger hor.. how they know whether the passenger are ur workers or not??? and hor if gana caught got what fine?

maybe u check with marklim who got his recently
advance automobile at lengkee
should be 3yr / 100,000km warranty
free 1 yr insurance

Sendoh82
16-04-2005, 02:04 AM
I see the opel Combo like not bad leh~ the specs very good.. and hor isit because it is very expensive? is it better than Berlingo?

retile
16-04-2005, 02:06 AM
I see the opel Combo like not bad leh~ the specs very good.. and hor isit because it is very expensive? is it better than Berlingo?
test drive the combo last week. power indeed

Sendoh82
16-04-2005, 02:13 AM
test drive the combo last week. power indeed

How much it cost?
and isit only Triangle auto selling opel combo 1.7??
Alot thanks to ppl who reply :)

marklim
16-04-2005, 06:24 PM
just replied your PM

sorry i forgot exactly how much

round figures around $36K :D

stairwaytoheaven
16-04-2005, 09:40 PM
bought my kangoo last month and is loving every single ride with it!

marklim
16-04-2005, 10:16 PM
glad you like it ..... :D

me trying to get used to not being able to see my blind spot :s22:

stairwaytoheaven
17-04-2005, 08:42 AM
haha wasnt used to it at 1st too. when did u get yr goo? how much? jus curious

WarmBarley
17-04-2005, 12:08 PM
How much it cost?

might as well buy picanto :o

Sendoh82
17-04-2005, 01:56 PM
might as well buy picanto :o

...... last month so cheap this month so ex~.. must be that stupid COE i think i wait next month see

i know 39 k can pay somemore buy car liaoz but diesel engine cheaper mah..

Sendoh82
18-04-2005, 05:25 AM
If Opel Combo 39k and Berlingo ard 33K.., i should buy berlingo rite?

WarmBarley
18-04-2005, 08:15 AM
ur choice
at least it dun look donald duck :D

retile
18-04-2005, 09:43 AM
How much it cost?
combo abt $39k... can choose to have glass panels or glass windows too. cool

marklim
18-04-2005, 11:40 AM
ur choice
at least it dun look donald duck :D

ha ha...never thought of it that way :s13:

alexr
18-04-2005, 05:12 PM
approx 33k
$1 driveaway possible

to calculate monthly

road tax 500 a yr
insurance 1.1 to 1.2k
5 workers allowed behind

mr warmbarley, i'm in ns now and i would love to get a 2nd hand eurovan after i get posted to unit.

based on your calculation, i'm very tempted to get a new van since the loan can be stretched to 7 years and maybe, i can even afford the van all by myself.

but if i where to get a 2nd hand eurovan, what are the drawbacks to it? am i able to get a bankloan for a 3-4year old eurovan? (just an example)

actually i'm trying to persuade my dad to chip in a little for this ride, i pay maintaince and he pays the monthly instalment.

do you have any advise for me?

Sendoh82
18-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Lol Barley becoming the Van Guru liaoz~

i think i shall wait for next coe~ hope the price drop~ if opel combo is ard 36k - 38k i think i will buy

WarmBarley
18-04-2005, 10:34 PM
mr warmbarley, i'm in ns now and i would love to get a 2nd hand eurovan after i get posted to unit.

based on your calculation, i'm very tempted to get a new van since the loan can be stretched to 7 years and maybe, i can even afford the van all by myself.

but if i where to get a 2nd hand eurovan, what are the drawbacks to it? am i able to get a bankloan for a 3-4year old eurovan? (just an example)

actually i'm trying to persuade my dad to chip in a little for this ride, i pay maintaince and he pays the monthly instalment.

do you have any advise for me?

firstly, 2nd hand u can loan 5 yr max, and very high rate, commercial already 3,3 first hand
u can definitely loan , but not worth it, pay full cash, 3-4 yr eurovan only 20k max
if u want to buy a eurovan, get one that is 2 yr old and <35k mileage done (lower better)
u get 1 yr to find all faults and kpkb to agent and change, and lots of mileage to clear

otherdrawbacks : older ones such as those 2000-2003 have higher coe, 25k to 11k range, u might get them cheap, and when scrap have high pro-rated coe rebate

newer ones like those 4-6k coe, useless, buy cheap, sell cheap, scrap get back LAGI CHEAP!
my car when scrap still get back 28k, thats after 10yr, very high coe, no need pay much downpayment for next car even

eurovans to avoid :
kangoo in general ..one word problematic
old berlingo : when u can get the new b2 which looks much nicer and mod friendly engine bay wise

the 1.7dti/cdti combo can be quite a good buy

wont consider old turtleshell caddy , vw tdi engines very prone to sludging

WarmBarley
18-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Lol Barley becoming the Van Guru liaoz~

i think i shall wait for next coe~ hope the price drop~ if opel combo is ard 36k - 38k i think i will buy

its a decent buy if u dun mind the still unresolved since 2002 launch problems

1) poor paintwork
2) creaky suspension and brakes
3) donald duck look
4) smokey exhaust, to understand why, look at air intake design, one whole circle around engine bay! good air box design(mod potential) = berlingo2 , remove the stock one, dump in a knn cone, viola! 20cm from air intake in grill to cone, 10cm from cone to intake manifold, dynoed +6hp increase!

Sendoh82
19-04-2005, 04:45 PM
its a decent buy if u dun mind the still unresolved since 2002 launch problems

1) poor paintwork
2) creaky suspension and brakes
3) donald duck look
4) smokey exhaust, to understand why, look at air intake design, one whole circle around engine bay! good air box design(mod potential) = berlingo2 , remove the stock one, dump in a knn cone, viola! 20cm from air intake in grill to cone, 10cm from cone to intake manifold, dynoed +6hp increase!

eh u mean the new combo cdti? i nvr type properly i think~ i wana buy new combo 1.7 Cdti.

WarmBarley
19-04-2005, 05:21 PM
eh u mean the new combo cdti? i nvr type properly i think~ i wana buy new combo 1.7 Cdti.

same vehicle just the engine different
take note singapore diesel does NOT comply to euro4 standard which it requires

Sendoh82
19-04-2005, 10:27 PM
same vehicle just the engine different
take note singapore diesel does NOT comply to euro4 standard which it requires

wah then how? dun buy van?? but diesel save money leh...

WarmBarley
19-04-2005, 10:33 PM
wah then how? dun buy van?? but diesel save money leh...

singapore everything also expensive
make the best of it lor
mobil now also playing punk drop discount to 5% to earn more to compensate their 12% petrol
marginalisation and profitering ...cartel operations at best :o

yvesgoh
21-04-2005, 12:43 AM
firstly, 2nd hand u can loan 5 yr max, and very high rate, commercial already 3,3 first hand
u can definitely loan , but not worth it, pay full cash, 3-4 yr eurovan only 20k max
if u want to buy a eurovan, get one that is 2 yr old and <35k mileage done (lower better)
u get 1 yr to find all faults and kpkb to agent and change, and lots of mileage to clear

otherdrawbacks : older ones such as those 2000-2003 have higher coe, 25k to 11k range, u might get them cheap, and when scrap have high pro-rated coe rebate

newer ones like those 4-6k coe, useless, buy cheap, sell cheap, scrap get back LAGI CHEAP!
my car when scrap still get back 28k, thats after 10yr, very high coe, no need pay much downpayment for next car even

eurovans to avoid :
kangoo in general ..one word problematic
old berlingo : when u can get the new b2 which looks much nicer and mod friendly engine bay wise

the 1.7dti/cdti combo can be quite a good buy

wont consider old turtleshell caddy , vw tdi engines very prone to sludging

28k? Scrap value? You sure for commercial vehicle? No matter how high your COE is, by the end of 10 yeas, your COE is already used up.

WarmBarley
21-04-2005, 08:14 AM
28k? Scrap value? You sure for commercial vehicle? No matter how high your COE is, by the end of 10 yeas, your COE is already used up.

Nakedtoes
29-04-2005, 01:50 PM
600 total..

how it look like? nv see before. :s11:

By the way Berlingo got Auto one?

marklim
04-05-2005, 10:41 AM
how it look like? nv see before. :s11:

By the way Berlingo got Auto one?

no auto i think

marklim
04-05-2005, 10:42 AM
got my ladder rungs installed last week :D

WarmBarley
04-05-2005, 05:29 PM
got my ladder rungs installed last week :D

got my snail installed last wk too :D :o

marklim
06-05-2005, 01:09 PM
really

they want to charge me 30 bucks for installing it....i refuse to pay...saying nothing was said that i needed to pay extra. :D

WarmBarley
06-05-2005, 07:47 PM
really

they want to charge me 30 bucks for installing it....i refuse to pay...saying nothing was said that i needed to pay extra. :D

i toking snail u tokin bar
...smlj... -.-"

rusty07
09-06-2005, 11:10 AM
marklim

who's the sales person u had for your berlingo? i was speaking to Doris tho....haven't commit yet.

marklim
09-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Ivan See...

WarmBarley
09-06-2005, 04:13 PM
marklim

who's the sales person u had for your berlingo? i was speaking to Doris tho....haven't commit yet.

doris is the oldest hen eh...bird of the lot
next is my ex sf who left already
her package ok?

rusty07
26-06-2005, 04:05 PM
hehehe....teach me how to squeeze that old hen leh...

basically it's $34,488 was the price she last qouted with most of the thing in.

WarmBarley
26-06-2005, 05:59 PM
hehehe....teach me how to squeeze that old hen leh...

basically it's $34,488 was the price she last qouted with most of the thing in.

about there lor
u try seduce her say she chio see can squeeze more or not lor
unless i go down with friends usually they give better deals :D

p.s. will be going there next wk

wai
09-11-2005, 08:42 PM
anymore Fiat Doblo owner?

newmax
07-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi to all,

I have just started reading the replys that all of you have contributed since last year.

I am interested in getting a eurovan but is worried about the maintenance cost as spare parts could be expensive.

As it is already several months can someone update me on which make is more reliable & value for money given any current engine or accessories update?

1) Opel combo
2) Berlingo 2
3) Fiat Doblo

Thanks

wai
07-02-2006, 05:20 PM
1) Opel combo
2) Berlingo 2
3) Fiat Doblo

check out http://www.eurovanclub.com

berlingo no turbo, i test drive my friend one...even when u floor the accelerator also wont speed up one

Opel and Fiat both have turbo/super charger, so it is more responsive, and more fuel efficient when the turbo kick in. IMO, super charger is better because turbo charger only kicks in after 2000rpm, whereas super charger runs all the time.

price wise, combo is most expensive, follow by doblo and berlingo. a different of about 2K in between, IMO it is more worth it to get one with turbo/super charger.

Fiat also got very good after sales service, warranty covers almost everything while Opel warranty only covers engine...so let's say if there are other electrical/mechanical problem, u got to pay even when it is under warranty. I do like the 15" sports rim and 4 x spring suspension of the combo, but i was turn off by its warranty coverage and price.

newmax
08-02-2006, 12:30 AM
check out http://www.eurovanclub.com

berlingo no turbo, i test drive my friend one...even when u floor the accelerator also wont speed up one

Opel and Fiat both have turbo/super charger, so it is more responsive, and more fuel efficient when the turbo kick in. IMO, super charger is better because turbo charger only kicks in after 2000rpm, whereas super charger runs all the time.

price wise, combo is most expensive, follow by doblo and berlingo. a different of about 2K in between, IMO it is more worth it to get one with turbo/super charger.

Fiat also got very good after sales service, warranty covers almost everything while Opel warranty only covers engine...so let's say if there are other electrical/mechanical problem, u got to pay even when it is under warranty. I do like the 15" sports rim and 4 x spring suspension of the combo, but i was turn off by its warranty coverage and price.
Thanks Wai. I have been to the Eurovan website & sign up as member but could not read anything?
As the Fiat is relatively new in the market, is the spare parts expensive compare to other Eurovans?
I know that there is 2 models for the Fiat, what is the difference & which is more fuel efficient & reliable?

wai
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks Wai. I have been to the Eurovan website & sign up as member but could not read anything?
As the Fiat is relatively new in the market, is the spare parts expensive compare to other Eurovans?
I know that there is 2 models for the Fiat, what is the difference & which is more fuel efficient & reliable?

got 1.3 and 1.9 version, their only different is the engine, everything else the same...certainly 1.9 is much more powerful, 105hp vs 75hp for the 1.3

1.3 is turbocharged while 1.9 is supercharged, 1.3 is certainly slower in pickup, but it has better fuel economy and more quiet.

for fuel efficiency...my 1.9 can run over 1000+km per tank, that's about 18km/L

1.3 version even better.....20km/L..that's 1200km per tank :s31:

for $2k different, i will prefer the 1.9 since diesel isn't that expensive and the COE/Road tax for 1.9 & 1.3 are the same anyway.

fiat doblo is new in Singapore (about 1+ year) but it actually laucnhed in Europe back in year 2000

so far, i am happy with the after-sales service, (probably because they are new, so they got to do a good job), no idea with the cost for spare parts, but they are all covered under warranty for 3 years so i am not that worry. (On the other hand, read from feedback that Kangoo, Combo and Caddy are more expensive to service)

honestly, i do see more and more doblo on the road now, i like its unique design....not just another van :)

newmax
08-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Do you know the current pricing of the 1.3 & 1.9? What is the standard items & what can i bargain for extra? I have seen doblo with all glass windows & some with 2 extra glass windows, i kind of nervous to drive if i cannot see my blind spot, even when in a taxi, i also look at blind spot.

Nakedtoes
08-02-2006, 12:27 PM
DO u all register a business to buy? what are the procedues? =:p

newmax
08-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes, business registration is required. You can go down to International Plaza at Tanjong Pagar with your IC & register as a sole proprietor which is the easiest. Need to think of a name for your company, type of industry & make sure no other company has the same name. Can check company name from the ACRA website for availability.

wai
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Do you know the current pricing of the 1.3 & 1.9? What is the standard items & what can i bargain for extra? I have seen doblo with all glass windows & some with 2 extra glass windows, i kind of nervous to drive if i cannot see my blind spot, even when in a taxi, i also look at blind spot.

COE just go up, but still cheaper than the price i paid lar

2 extra glass with sofa behind is standard, i top up for leather seat and roof rack and full windows behind.

i also nervous if i cannot see my blind spot, so the full glass is very useful for me...but i am not that extreme and even check blindspot when taking taxi lar....i just close my eyes and sleep :p

wai
08-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Yes, business registration is required. You can go down to International Plaza at Tanjong Pagar with your IC & register as a sole proprietor which is the easiest. Need to think of a name for your company, type of industry & make sure no other company has the same name. Can check company name from the ACRA website for availability.

not so troublesome lar...i did it online and pay online, everything can be done in few minutes if u know the steps.

for me, i use my parents's HDB address to register sole proprietor using my name.

u can even place order before u register, just make sure the name u want is not taken can liao.

newmax
08-02-2006, 10:02 PM
How much did you pay for the full glass? Is the fiat equip with solar film to block out the heat? I will be using the van alot to places in Tuas & jurong Island as well so get very hot.
Any suggestion to make the fiat cooler other than blasting the aircon?

Nakedtoes
09-02-2006, 01:58 AM
where can i check the price of the fiat.. :D

cHAo_tURTLe
09-02-2006, 08:30 PM
where can i check the price of the fiat.. :D

pm me ur name and contact number
i refer u to someone who can give u a better deal on fiat

newmax
10-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Got lobang for better deal on Fiat? Can let me know?

kenlinliu1419
23-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on the Renault Trafic?

I took one for a test drive the other day.... 2003 model with only 19.5k on the clock. It was a little bit scary test driving a big van.... felt like a bus! Agent asking $27k.

My only complaint was the positioning of the handbrake.... almost next to my ankle and have to really reach for it. A bit dangerous I thought.