Go Back   Torque Online Forums > General Car Stuffs > On the Roads
User Name
Password

On the Roads Discuss your road experience and share them here. From new locals road rules to bad driving experiences, shout them here. Your advise here will come in handy for many young drivers out there.

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
Ksyrium
Back Seat Driver

Ksyrium is on a safe driver
Appeal for parking offence on Double Yellow Lines

Dear all,

As we all know, due to the increasing numbers of cars on the road sometimes there isn't really any parking lot and u happen to be driving alone(without any passangers) but u need to go places like banks/coffeeshop.

It happened to me during lunch time around thomson prata area, I parked my vehicle Jalan Keli(behind the prata house), it's a small road leading to upper thomson road from private houses, one way traffic, two lanes. There were many other cars parked there occupying the right side of traffic. Traffic flow was very little as this road leads from private houses so we are not obstructing the flow of traffic in anyway.

So, like the rest I left my car there and went for lunch, when I came back I saw the cisco officer(auxillary police on scooter) printing out the summon for me, I told him: "Sorry sir, I park here awhile for lunch only, pls help" he said "Aiyah, printed already, I try talking to my superior" I said thank you and left, the summon ticket was still with him.

Few days later I recieve the letter from TP offering me a summon of $70, I've checked through the SPF website and can't seem to find anyway to appeal for this situation, could someone kindly advise me on this?
Old 13-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Cyberbaby
Class 3 3litre

Cyberbaby is on a safe driver
The summon ticket should have if you wanna appeal, pls write or call to ......

To Buy Or Not To Buy, This Is A Temptation
Closed Thread