The Bugatti La Voiture Noire has taken the mantle of the world’s most expensive new car.
Based on the Bugatti Chiron’s drivetrain, the car is an ode to super-luxury, reaching a price that only the ultra-rich can afford.
To give you an idea of how expensive the darn thing is, you could buy 66 BMW 520i luxury sedans, 114 Toyota Camrys, or a whopping 238 Suzuki Swifts for the price of one La Voiture Noire.
Here’s the top five things you need to know about this hypercar:
- The car is based on the Bugatti Chiron drivetrain and pays homage to the all-black Type 57SC Atlantic, which went missing during the Second World War.
- Its name translates to “The Black Car”.
- La Voiture Noire was already sold to a buyer even before its unveiling at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show.
- It is powered by a 16-cylinder, 8-litre quad-turbo engine putting out 1,479hp and a mind-melting 1,600Nm of torque.
- The car in the photo is just a model – the owner will need to wait more than two years for delivery.